Dr. Rene Reynold Villanueva is the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of R.S.V. Limited. He is also the
Honorary Consul of the Republic of Perú in Belize.
Born on April 1, 1950 in Belize City and married to Susan Villanueva nee Vansen in 1970 and have four children. Rene Villanueva Jr. currently the Managing Director of RSV Ltd., a company founded by Rene Sr. in 1992. Renira Villanueva Pollard, Director of Marketing; Lisa Villanueva Brahacek, Owner/Manager Holistic School of Massage & Wellness Centre; Janelle Villanueva Castillo, owner Caribbean Golf Cart Rentals, San Pedro A/C; Eleven Grandchildren and two Great Grand Children.
Justice of the Peace; Honorary Consul of the Republic of Peru to Belize for 19 years; Rotarian from 1995 to present and Past President of The Rotary Club of Belize (20032004), President of the Rotary District 4250, 2009/10 Conference; Past District Governor 2015-2016 of Rotary District 4250 (Bze., Hond., Guat.) Current Member of the Governor-General’s Music in the schools steering committee; Chairman Belize Band Fest; La Ruta Maya, Love Belize Sea Kayak Challenge among others; Current Member of the board of Directors of the Kolbe Foundation that manages Central Prison of Belize which is also made up of Rotarians; Chairman of The Belize Scout Foundation; Chairman of the Love Foundation; Master of Ceremonies at most major state functions for the past 36 years; Has served on many boards including Prison Fellowship Belize, Belize Red Cross, Crime Stoppers Belize, National September Celebrations Committee, among others.
Wrote and published the book “Thanks for Choosing Love”. A first of its kind. This three hundred and seventy page book contains a personal autobiography and history of Broadcasting in Belize.
- Honorary Doctorate from Galen University. First Belizean to receive an Honorary Doctorate from a Belizean University.
- Grant of the Dignity of a Commander British Empire given on 31st December 2005 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second.
- Grant of the Dignity of Ordinary Member of the British Empire given on 31st December 2010
- “The Meritorious Service Award” presented by the Governor General of Belize, H.E. Sir. Colville N. Young on behalf of the Government and People of Belize in recognition for outstanding contributions to the broadcast media of Belize on 18th September 2007.
- Received the Distinguished Citizen Award for dedication and civic example in service to the community, in the City of Los Angeles, California, on 18th September, 2008.
- National Tourism Award “Corporate Organization of the Year 2007” Recognizing Excellence in Service.
- Numerous Awards and Recognition from Local Organizations; Belizean Association of Florida, Concerned Belizeans Inc. of New York among others.
- Distinguished Person of the Year award from United Belizeans of Northern Illinois, August 11, 2018.
Past Employment History:
- 1990 – 1992 First General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Broadcasting Corporation of Belize created in 1990 by the Government of Belize.
- 1983 – 1990 Chief Broadcasting Officer responsible for the overall management of the Government’s Broadcasting Department and chief adviser to Government on Radio Broadcasting.
- 1980 – 1983 Marketing and Service Manager, the Vogue Limited in charge of planning, advertising, sales strategies, customer service, and after sales service.
- 1968 – 1980 Radio Belize, first as a temporary Continuity Announcer, then moved up to Technical Assistant, Bi-lingual Announcer, Producer, Assistant Program Organizer and Acting Program Organizer.
- 1966 – 1967 Technical Operator and part time announcer at La Voz del Atlantico in Puerto Cortes Honduras.
Some Past Accomplishments:
- As Chief Broadcasting Officer, he successfully lead Radio Belize through two changes of Government thus transforming it from a government department that operated one radio station with little key senior staff in place, (at the time in 1983 no radio Engineer, Program Organizer among others), to a Broadcasting Corporation that operated two 24 hours Radio Stations and a small television station and TV production unit in a professional and structured manner.
- Started the first ever National Television Newscast in 1986 and created some of the earliest local TV programming in Belize such as Village Life, Focus on Belize etc…
- Drafted a proposed bill for the creation of Broadcasting Corporation for Belize in 1986; this served as the framework for the Broadcasting Corporation of Belize Act of 1990.
- Attended Broadcasting forums in the Caribbean, Central and South America, the USA and Europe.
- Created FRIENDS FM in 1985 which was Belize’s first 24-hour FM Radio Station.
- Chairman of the Belize Carnival Association for Five years.
- Media Coordinator for the first Royal Visit of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second to Belize in 1985; was presented with an autographed picture by the Queen during a private audience requested by her.
- Served on the Governor-General’s committee in connection with the visit of HRH Prince Phillip to Belize in 1988.
- Spearheaded the Radio Publicity Campaign in connection with Belize’s Independence in 1981 and was Master of Ceremonies at most of the rallies and functions leading up to Independence in 1981.
- Guest Speaker for numerous activities including Graduations, Career Days, and Patriotic rallies.
- Has conducted broadcast interviews with several Presidents including President Jorge Serrano Elias on the occasion of the first official visit by a Prime Minister of Belize to Guatemala after that Country’s recognition of Belize’s Independence in 1991.
- Vetted and signed Belizean Passports in Belize City from 1983 until 1986 when the Department of Immigration and Nationality was created.
Poem written by Grandfather Rev. JAC Elliott in the 1920’s
THE BEST by Reverend James A.C. Elliott
“If what you have done is all you could – The Best, Then be content and leave to God the rest, Things fluctuate, nor joy nor sorrow stays; Oft changing scenes and changing moods amaze; But he who learns that in all things there’s good, That passing failures are but strengthening food, Will climb the hill, though his defeats confess, And push his way through all to sweet success”.