Past Chairman – Director
John Michael Searle
Aero Dispatch Services Ltd.
41 Albert Street
Belize City, Belize
Phone: (501) 227-7257/5317
Fax: (501) 227-5213
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 244, Belize City, Belize
Born on 27 April 1937 in POB Hawarden, North Wales, United Kingdom
- July 1951 Arrived in Belize with his brother Peter.
- December 1957 Graduated from the Belize Technical High School.
- January 1958 Began working for Barclays Bank.
- September 1958 Began working for British Colonial Airways later to become British Honduras Airways Ltd.
- April 1961 Married Elvira Andreu, fathered four children, John, Michael, Germaine and Thomas
- September 1961 Hurricane Hattie
- March 1962 Established Belize Global Travel Services Ltd, First travel agency ever in Belize.
- August 1965 Establish Aero Dispatch Services Ltd. The only Aircraft Ground Handling operation in Belize.
- Became a member of the Belize City Rotary Club – still a member up to today.
- August 1999 elected the first ever Belizean District Governor for Rotary International with responsibility for Belize, Guatemala and Honduras.
- Appointed Chairman of the Development Finance Corporation (DFC) – Financing dev. projects
- Appointed Chairman of the Belize Tourist Board. – Establishing Belize as a Tourist Destination
- Appointed Chairman of the Belize Electricity Board – Public Electricity Generation
- Appointed Vice Chairman of Belize Distributors Ltd. – Importers of Vehicles and Hardware
- Appointed Chairman of Regent Insurance Company Ltd. – Insurance of various classes
- Appointed Chairman of Boltonbank Development Company Ltd. – Land Development
- Appointed Chairman of Bonanza Enterprises Ltd. – Cattle Ranching
- Appointed Chairman of Great Belize Productions Ltd. – TV & Land Development
Contributions to the community:
- Associated with the Belize Scout Movement for many years and served at the first Chairman of the Belize Scout Foundation.
- Appointed Chairman of the Duke of Edenborough’s Award Committee.