Chairman – Emeritus
Name: Jorge Julian Castillo
Date of birth: Born on December 13, 1946
Place of birth: Belize City
Married for 49 years, has four daughters and five grandchildren.
Major achievements in life:
- Qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant.
- Co-founder of accounting firm in Belize.
- Was Belize’s second Chief Scout.
- Received the Silver Wolf Award in Scouting (the highest award in Belize’s Scouting program).
- Received the Leopold (Poly) Balderamos Lifetime Achievement Award (for a high degree of initiative and outstanding devotion to duty of the most exceptional nature in private, professional and Scouting life).
Educational background and notable awards:
- Attended St. John’s College.
- Attended University of the West Indies (B Sc in Accounting).
- Attended Newcastle England Polytechnic College (Qualified as a Chartered Certify Accountant).
Work facts and contributions:
- Employed and trained many young persons in accounting and auditing for over twenty-five years.
Significant contributions in the community:
- Served the Scout Movement in several voluntary key leadership positions for many years.
- Served as President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Belize.
- Served as treasurer of the International Financial Services Association of Belize.
- Served as chairman of The Belize Scout Foundation for several terms.